“All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
Pittsboro, NC – During this upcoming week, I plan to make volunteering in Pittsboro a priority. In honor of Martin Luther King Jr., I would like to invite all of you to join in on making a difference.
instant online cash advance
Not only can you make a difference in the lives of others, you can also team up with many caring, energetic, and creative people. Together we can all bring about change in Pittsboro and the surrounding communities.
Places To Volunteer in Pittsboro & Chatham County
Not sure where to start? Whether you’re looking to volunteer for something specific or just want to help out wherever you’re needed, here are a few ideas.
- The Abundance Foundation – The Abundance Foundation educates folks on sustainability through DIY Workshops, Tours of an Eco-Industrial Park, and loads of events. Making learning fun is crucial and they weave festivity and good times throughout their programs.
- Habitat For Humanity
- Meals On Wheels
- Kiwanis Club – The Pittsboro Kiwanis Club sponsors the Key Club at Northwood High School in Pittsboro; Key Club is a service
organization sponsored by Kiwanis for high school students to make that age group aware of the needs for service in their community and help the members understand how to plan and execute service projects.
- Chatham Animal Rescue
- Clean Jordan Lake – Restore Jordan Lake to a healthy and vibrant aquatic resource by removing trash from the shoreline and preventing further accumulations.
- Heads Up! Therapeutic Riding – Provides therapeutic equine-related activities to individuals in central North Carolina with physical, emotional or developmental disabilities to enhance positive reinforcement and encouragement towards independence.
- Friends of Chatham Community Library
It feels good to get involved in the good things going on in Pittsboro.