Pittsboro, NC – I can never resist the call of the trail. I love to hike and bike and go trail riding whenever I have time. But recently, I found out that you can experience a whole different type of trail in Chatham County. On this trail, you’ll experience some home cooked meals and have a cozy room to sleep.
Chatham County Bed & Breakfast Trail
I am talking about a unique type of trail where you can relax and be pampered at one of Chatham County’s charming Bed and Breakfast Inns. Yes, I think I like the Bed and Breakfast Trail.
You can visit spots in the heart of North Carolina like quaint small towns, great local shopping, see many of Chatham County’s attractions and then get a dreamy nights sleep in a lovely Bed and Breakfast. Each unique Inn offers comfortable guest rooms, personal attention and service, full breakfast, and great hospitality.
Let’s start our Bed and Breakfast Trail in Pittsboro. Here are two Inns that will make you feel right at home.
- 458 West Bed and Breakfast – Recently renovated this charming B & B has five rooms with beautiful furnishings and soothing decor. Each room has a sitting area, queen sized bed, private bath and a flat-screen T.V. They also have a monthly 3 course dinner and host weddings and parties. Rates run $100 to $140 per night.
- Rosemary House Bed and Breakfast – This home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and has been voted “Best B&B in Chatham County” for three years in a row. They have five rooms all with free wireless high-speed internet, private bathroom with tub & shower, and flat-screen cable TV. Check out there spa packages and getaways. Rates run $100 to $175 per night.
Next stop New Hill, NC. The B & B here does a whole lot more than provide a bed and serve breakfast.
- Shady Wagon Farm – On 22 acres this farm is famous for holding some spectacular weddings. They offer just about everything a bride and groom could want for their wedding day – a ceremony site on the water, large reception area and overnight accommodations for themselves and 6 other guests. There are 4 guest rooms, all with luxury mattresses and antique touches. Rates start at $150 per night.
Chapel Hill is the next location of the Bed and Breakfast Trail.
- Chapel Hill Bed and Breakfast – This gorgeous home on six acres is just five miles from downtown Chapel Hill and UNC. They are the spot for a romantic getaway, wedding, retreat, meeting or any celebration. There are 3 suites with marble enclosed whirlpools for two, private porch with water view, fireplace, canopy king size beds with Kingsdown mattresses, HDTV, free Wi-fi and more. They have a Wine Package, a Pontoon Boating Package on Jordan Lake, a Spa Package and a Glassblowing Package. Room rates start at $100 to $165.
Saving the best for last. This tour of Chatham County Bed and Breakfasts brings us to Siler City.
- Heartfriends Inn – This 1940’s home is located on 48 wooded acres. There is lots to do on the property from hiking, fishing, riding paddle boats, relaxing and reading, watching movies or enjoying the sights and sounds of nature from a rocking chair on the porch. In the mornings, you can expect a delicious home-cooked country breakfast like Caramel Pecan Apple French Toast, Jamaican Banana Nut Bread, Chicken Brunch Casserole with Sour Cream Onion Sauce are among favorites. There are 5 guest rooms decorated with antiques. All have a private bath. Rates are from $85 to $135 per night.
- The Inn At Celebrity Dairy – This Inn is a working 300 acre farm and home to an award-winning dairy. When staying at the Inn, this B & B puts the emphasis on breakfast! Signature ingredients of breakfast include their own chèvre cheese, and the eggs from free range yard chickens. You may find omlettes or fritattas on your plate, served with scones and other quickbreads, fresh fruit and jams. They also host weddings, corporate retreats, and give tours of the farm and dairy. The Inn also hosts a spectacular Sunday Dinner offered on the 3rd Sunday of every month. There are 6 comfortable guest rooms ranging from $125 to $195 per night.
Get yourself out and blaze a trail through Chatham County’s small town gems and experience the charm of a Bed and Breakfast.
Photo courtesy of 458 West Bed and Breakfast.