Pittsboro, NC – The 2nd annual Hops & Roots Festival this Saturday, May 26th showcases some of the wonderful edibles and talents that exist in Pittsboro and surrounding Chatham County.
The Shakori Hills Community Arts Center will host the festival this Saturday bringing together local brews, sustainable farms, local restaurants and great music from regional bands. Proceeds from the festival will benefit NC Blues In The School.
The goal of the Hops & Roots Festival is to celebrate the regional riches of North Carolina’s farms, food, craft beer, state wineries and local music together to be enjoyed by all. This day long event showcases so much talent in a beautiful outdoor setting.
Seven bands are set to take the stage along with food from 5 restaurants, 6 farms and 4 breweries and 4 wineries. Face painting, activity and educational booths provide lots of interesting fun. And, if you want, you can spend the night on one of the free campsites too. This family friendly festival offers up something for everyone.
Craft Beer Garden:
- Frito Pie with beef (Cohen Farm), pork (Lilly Den Farm), hot peppers (Screech Owl), and tomatoes (Bennett Farming)
- Hummus(with or without chiles) and Pita Chips: Roasted sweet peppers (Screech Owl), pita bread from Mediterranean Deli (made with Lindley Mill flour)
- Eggplant Ragu in Pita: Eggplant (Edible Earthscapes) Tomatoes (BennettFarming)
- Addictive Sauteed Shishito Peppers with Pita Wedges: Shishito peppers from (Edible Earthscapes)
- NC sausage served on baguettes.
- Sausage: chicken chipotle, chicken spinach, hot or mild Italian, chorizo, bratwurst, tofurkey, or pimento cheese.
- Sauce: roasted red pepper, habanero hellfire, beer garden mustard, parmesan cracked pepper, basil tomato vinaigrette, sharp cheddar, chimichurri, tzatziki
- Homemade Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap
- Home Roasted Beef and Horseradish Sauce Wrap
- Spicy Chipotle Pork and Black Bean Wrap
- Homemade Tarragon Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Hot BBQ Beef Brisket and Grilled Onion Sandwiches: chicken, pork, and beef (Lilly Den Farm)
- Bread (The Bread Shop)
- Homemade BBQ sauce from Carolina Brewery & Grill
Little Dippers Italian Ice: Flavors: Black cherry, chocolate, cotton candy, mango, orange cream, lemon (reg and sugar free), strawberry, strawberry banana, and tie dye.
Sola Coffee Cafe: Serving Counter Culture coffee plus late night sweets and breakfast offerings.
Village Market Raleigh, Raleigh’s only fresh retailer, serving 100% grassfed beef! Serving at the event: beef from Rare Earth Farms, pork from Heritage Farms, and produce from Wards Produce in Durham.
Coon Rock Farm (vegetable, Bratwurst)
Lilly Den Farm (meats)
Celebrity Dairy (cheese and dairy products)
McLamb Nursery (trees, plants)
Okfuskee Farms (organic vegetables)
The Contained Farmer (container gardens)
Cox Farms (orange crisp watermelons)