Pittsboro, NC – There is something about the warm weather and the feel of summertime that makes me want to be outdoors and listen live music. It’s even nicer when I can be close to home and see local bands performing a variety of music styles in such an eclectic choice of venues.
Live Music for a Summer Weekend in Chatham
Here is a short list of some summertime favorite venues for this weekend.
The Bynum General Store
As always, there is no admission price but they do pass the hat for donations to bring these musicians to the Bynum Front Porch Stage.
This weekend come out and see:
- Hot Rooster – Friday, June 22nd from 7 pm to 9 pm. Hot Rooster is a funky stew of brothers, college friends and Orange County soul. They have been refining their groove for over seven years now.
- Bynum Front Porch ‘Pickin’ – Saturday, June 23rd from 10 am to 2 pm. Every 2nd and 4th Saturday each month, this country spot holds a Bluegrass jam session open to musicians and singers of all skill levels and ages. Acoustic instruments only, please! Enjoy fun music and food and don’t forget to bring a dish!
A few things to know about the Front Porch Music Series and the Bynum General Store:
- The Bynum General Store is an alcohol-free venue.
- For safety, please make sure that children are supervised by an adult at all times.
- We respectfully ask that all pets be left at home.
- The show goes on, rain or shine. If it rains, we’ll move indoors.
Carolina Brewery & Grill
Phone: (919) 545-2330
Enjoy the summer patio music series at Carolina Brewery & Grill…live music, no cover charge, family-friendly atmosphere, and an incredible seasonal menu.
- Puritan Rodeo – Saturday, June 23rd from 7 pm – 10 pm. Eclectic rock n’ roll from some Brewery favorites.
The Roost in Fearrington Village
Phone: (919) 542-1239
Set in the middle of the Village Center in a landscaped courtyard, The Roost offers a beautiful and tranquil place to share a drink and conversation, and live music on the front porch. So find a table under large oak trees or by the water fountain and enjoy a special time with friends and family!
- Diali Cissokho – Friday, June 22nd, from 5 pm to 8 pm
- Guilty Pleasures – Saturday, June 23rd, from 5 pm to 8 pm
The City Tap
Address: 89 Hillsboro St., Pittsboro, NC 27312
Phone: (919) 545-0562
Great food, daily specials using local ingredients, eight North Carolina beers on tap plus many of other favorites as all hallmarks of City Tap in P’boro.
- Mary Johnson Rockers – Friday, June 22nd, at 8 pm. Mary isn’t your average preachers daughter. Although Rockers is her last name and not a band, pop-rock influences are woven throughout her Americana roots.
- Dmitri Resnik – Friday, June 22nd, at 10 pm. Roots, rhythm and blues, a musician from Chatham County North Carolina.
- Cortete – Saturday, June 23rd, at 10 pm
Where Do You Go?
If you have a favorite summer music venue in Chatham County (or anywhere in the area for that matter), send me an email or leave a comment.
Julie Roland Realty, Inc.
Julie Roland, Owner/Broker