You read it right, your favorite food “meats” a classic fall celebration at The Root Cellar’s 7th Annual Porkapalooza. With seven years in the making, be assured that the porky deliciousness just keeps getting better every year. On Saturday, October 6th from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m., enjoy a taste of Pittsboro’s cuisine at The Root Cellar and neighbor House of Hops. Located at 35 Suttles Road in Pittsboro, the fun won’t be hard to find. Just follow your nose…and your appetite. We look forward to seeing you there!
Time to introduce the star of the show – the main course. If you’ve ever watched Food Network’s Iron Chef, you know that the secret ingredient is always a showstopper. That’s why The Root Cellar is upping their main ingredient game with only the best pork from Hickory Nut Gap Farm and Sharp Family Farms. At Hickory Nut Gap Farm, they are dedicated to raising 100% grass fed beef, pastured pork and pastured poultry.
Bringing that same level of quality to this local event, the proof is in the pork! Sharp Family Farms also cooks a big game with four generations working side-by-side to bring meat-lovers the best meat-eating experience around. Once you’ve tasted local, you won’t want to go back!
Paired with a perfectly-brewed craft beer from House of Hops, enjoy a casual dining experience throughout the Root Cellar, the large shared patio or at inside the bar at House of Hops. No matter where you’re eating your pork, you will be sure to enjoy it! Now, for the moment you all have been waiting for. It’s time to meet the menu:
- Traditional Korean bulgogi, a classic Korean dish with thinly shaved meat marinated in a sweet and savory sauce, served with kimchi slaw, microgreens and spicy gochujang sauce atop a steamed bun
- Country fried pork tenderloin paired with a pumpkin biscuit with apple cider slaw, watermelon pickles and maple mustard
- Fresh Hawaiian pork skewers with grilled pineapple, peppers and onions
- Several roasted suckling pigs
- Twice fried pork ribs covered with a sweet and spicy Southern-style Cheerwine sauce
- Jerk-roasted pulled pork tacos with banana chutney, microgreens and Pickapeppa aioli
- Slow-cooked pork tamales in a delicious guajillo chili pepper sauce, served with red and green sauce
- Pork belly gyros with cucumbers, feta spread, tomatoes and romaine lettuce
- Featured beer cheese, pickles and sausage station
- Doughnuts filled with maple cream and topped with crispy bacon caramel bits
If that doesn’t get your mouth watering, we don’t know what will! Be prepared to try a bit of everything. You just might find your next favorite food.
Tickets for the event are $50 and include food, entertainment and a souvenir pint cup. Beer may be purchased at the event. With live music, cornhole and games for all ages, this event is well-worth the ticket price. Make sure to secure your ticket before they sell out!