Pittsboro, NC — Maybe you know someone like me: likes skiing, camping, hiking, fishing, winter golf. Here are some interesting items for the outdoor girl in your life.
Gifts for the Outdoor Woman
It seems like half the people I meet haven’t even started their Christmas shopping yet. Don’t be a Last Minute Charlie and pick up perfume and chocolates at the mall.
Don’t get me wrong – I love perfume and chocolates. But if you really want to impress this outdoor girl, put a bow on a Hammacher Schlemmer fishing pole or a groovy, new high-tech ski hat.
For the outdoorsy woman in your life, check out some of these festive items:
- Monterey Club quilted microfiber and knit sparkly jacket: Available in five colors, this jacket is soft, warm, and on sale at The Ladies Pro Shop for $59.99 (regular price $79.99).
- Enforcer glove: For the skier in your life, give this waterproof and flexible glove. It features a convenient pocket to stash essentials like chapstick while they’re out on the slopes. On sale at Sierra Designs for $54.00 (regular price $109.00).
- Campfire popcorn set: Popcorn roasting over an open fire…For all the moms out there, this popcorn maker has a handle that extends nearly two feet and keeps little helpers safely away from the fire. The lid removes for easy cleanup, and the set comes with gourmet buttery popping corn, seasoning salt, and special popping oil. Buy at L.L. Bean for $34.00.
- Snow peak mini Hozuki lantern: Cute and useful, this little guy is perfect for camping. It has different light settings to create the perfect ambiance for any situation. Buy at REI for $39.95.
- Barbour Lockyer boot: Shop local at Blackwood Station Outfitters, located at 5670 US Hwy 15 501 N, Pittsboro, NC. They don’t have an online store, but they sell these water resistant boots at store. These boots are high leg and perfect for wearing outdoors in any weather condition.
- Eno hammock: This hammock is great for anyone who likes to spend time outside. What’s cool about this is that it folds up into roughly the size of a softball and is easy to take on camping and hiking trips. The water resistant Nylon material makes it durable and guaranteed to last. $59.99 for a single nest hammock (one person) or $69.99 for a double nest (two person).
- Wigwam 40 below sock: These breathable socks will keep feet warm and comfortable in any cold weather activities. Buy at Dick’s for $12.99.
- Oakley Twisted Snow Goggles: Having good goggles while skiing is important. This pair fits almost any helmet and has fleece on the strap for a warm, comfortable fit. Buy at Dick’s for $90.00.
- Fleece ear-warmers: These are adjustable, warm, and can be worn along with a hat, helmet, or goggles. Buy at REI for $30.00.
- The Spa at Fearrington: Just because she’s an outdoors girl doesn’t mean she can’t enjoy a little pampering. With an incredible staff and a menu of massages, facial treatments and pedicures, you can’t go wrong with an afternoon at Fearrington.
Last bit of advice: remember to keep the receipt in case it’s the wrong size or color.
Happy holiday shopping!