Without the hassle of buying a plane ticket, packing your bags and braving the airport lines, you can experience global cuisines in Chatham County. How, you may ask? The Travelling Cafe of Pittsboro offers prepared meals, cooking classes and catering menus to quench your thirst for exploration. This fall, enroll in one of their public cooking classes and learn how to incorporate adventure into your weeknight menu offerings.
Where do you want to travel to for dinner this evening? Central America, France, Asia or Spain? Creatively-crafted cuisines and global experiences are rooted in the mission of The Travelling Cafe. Transform your approach to cooking with prepared meals, customized to your dietary needs and preferences. Eat healthier, save time and enjoy meals prepared by personal chefs. Offering restaurant-quality meals with contactless delivery, The Travelling Chef creates custom meals, with three package options available, starting at $175, plus the cost of groceries. Within 30 minutes, your perfectly-packaged and labeled meal is ready to serve. Get started today!
Cooking for more than your family? Create a memorable food experience with their boutique catering options. If it’s indoors, if it’s outdoors, if it’s a five-course meal for a wedding or a romantic dinner for two, The Travelling Cafe customizes your event experience, preparing food from their commercial kitchen or right from your own home. Cooking from home allows guests to witness the culinary magic in action! Consider shopping local, but eating global, when booking a caterer for your next wedding party, family reunion, girls’ night or corporate event.
For a taste of what to expect, take a look at a sample wedding menu:
- Beef Koobedeh Kabobs
- Basmati rice, grilled tomatoes and onions
- Charcuterie Boards
- Havarti, cheddar, feta, manchego, chorizo, salami, honey, nuts and figs
- Spreads and Dips Boards
- Spanish pisto, Persian eggplant, spinach and artichoke and lavash bread
- Patatas Bravas
- Garlic aioli
- Crispy Mini Chicken Carnitas
- Salsa, chopped red onion, soft tortillas, cilantro and lime
- Flank Steak Crostini
- Roasted red pepper sauce and goat cheese
Bring the experience of dining out at a restaurant straight to your home! Choose from private, in-person classes for two or more guests in your home or your business with hands-on or demonstration-style classes. Each class concludes with a multi-course meal, so you can enjoy the fruits of your labor.
Public cooking classes are available throughout Pittsboro, Durham and Raleigh, teaching varying cuisines and culinary skills. Public class admission is $75 per ticket and most virtual cook-along classes are $25 per ticket. Private, in-home classes begin at $250, plus the cost of groceries. Upcoming featured events include:
- Friday, August 20 at 10 a.m.: Back to School Kids Pizza & Pasta Party
- Before school kicks off, they can enjoy a culinary lesson in all things pizza and pasta, hosted at The Travelling Cafe Culinary Studio at 200 Sanford Road Suite 9, Pittsboro, NC.
- Friday, August 27 at 6 p.m.: Girls Night Out: Charcuterie and Mini Desserts
- Details are still to come, but the event will take place at The Travelling Cafe Culinary Studio.
- Friday, September 3 at 6 p.m.: Hibachi at Home
- Details will be posted soon!
- Saturday, September 18 at 6 p.m.: Sheri Castle: A Taste of Spanish Tapas
- This demonstration-style class will introduce the flavors of Spain through small, shareable plates. Enjoy crusty tomato bread with serrano ham, roasted fingerling potatoes with lemon and roasted garlic mayonnaise, roasted shrimp with romesco sauce and cream cheese flan.